Sunday, February 19, 2017

Shelton in Love (Shelton 1) by Dianne Hartsock


Shelton is falling hard for his best friend and roommate, finding Nevil's dark good looks and moments of gentleness almost impossible to resist. But Nevil is more interested in affairs of the body than the heart. As Shelton's desire for the man grows, he wonders if he can change Nevil's mind. But does he even want to? Nevil might not stay, once he learns Shelton's secret, and then his loneliness would be complete.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My Review:     (Thanks to NetGalley) 

When I read this book I had no idea that it was the first book in a series. I felt like the book itself was a very disjointed, clunky effort at a stand-alone 'series in a book'. The things mentioned in the blurb only made up  the first couple of chapters, then we jumped from time to time, place to place, over a period of a couple of years and several 'events'. 

Neither of the characters were very likable, you didn't really care about the relationship, and every time there was 'temptation' I honestly felt like they should just give in and call their relationship quits. 

Can't say I'll be reading the rest of the series, even if I got it for free, this book was too much of an effort to read. 

P.S. The 'secret'was so mild and then forgotten about so quickly it wasn't even a plot point. 



EDIT: I just read the rest of the blurbs for the series and it turns out the the book I read contains them all! This would explain the choppiness of the book I read, BUT I can't believe they didn't make this known in the book! They basically shoved the whole series into a book and republished it as an original. So stupid!!! Plus it makes the blurb even more irrelevant. BAD PUBLISHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment